Mi-Kay's Rockem Sockem Nikko
Magic Dragon's Spellbinder x Ranchlake's Kishi Mo Jin
10 Weeks
                       .K & D's Ko-Un Okii Kuma Go
Ch. Ryujin's Susano Too x Jeptha To Ku Betsu Thompson
                     November 15 1988 - May 13, 2000
2 Years
3 Years
5 Years
8 years
10 Years
5 Weeks
2 Years
2 Years
                              Kaigan's Oni Inu Kumikko
Am. Ch. Koma-Inu Kontinu-Tu Nukum x Bair's Shiju Ai No Kaigan
Shoko - 8 Weeks
10 Weeks
20 Weeks
6.5 Months
BOS 9 Months
9 months
Kumikko's Precious Osita
Mi-Kay's Hurricane Andrew x Kumikko's Osa De La Nueve
My Precious Osita at 4 weeks.  Your life was much to short and we think of you every day.  Until we meet again at The Bridge, you are safe in the arms of Angels......
Akita Profile
Akita Profile
Our Akitas
Our Akitas
Links Page
Health & Info
Rescue Info
Rescue Info
Extended Family
12 Weeks
Shoko & Dustin
Extended Family
  Loved You Best

         So this is where we part, My Friend, and you'll run on, around the bend,
         gone from sight, but not from mind, new pleasures there you'll surely find.

        I will go on, I'll find the strength, life measures quality, not its length.
        One long embrace before you leave, share one last look, before I grieve.

        There are others, that much is true, but they be they, and they aren't you.
        And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought, will remember well all you've taught.

        Your place I'll hold, you will be missed, the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
        And as you journey to your final rest, take with you this...I loved you best.

Rescue Boys........."Ellwood & Jake"
These littermates were the products of a Back Yard Breeder who didn't have the time or money for them and left them outside w/no human contact.
At 8 months old they were dumped at a local animal shelter, never having had a
single vaccination or any type of Vet care.
Several days later Wendy at Akita Buddies Rescue was contacted and the rescue began.  She only had them a couple days before the symptoms of Distemper presented itself.  Given the age/size and fearfulness due to no socialization, it was very difficult to attempt to save them.
Thank you Vicki Jo for your help in this rescue and thank you Wendy for your effort in trying to save them, and all of the Akitas you have taken in.
Ellwood & Jake.....although you were only in my life for a single day, you have found a spot in my heart forever.  May you now play pain free, and full of all the confidence you never had the opportunity to have here....I will see you both at the Bridge some day......
Kumikko's Osa De La Nueve
Kimo Aki San x Bears Little Nikita
July 19, 1996 - October 30, 2006
Kumikko's Do Ya Wanna Tecate
Mi-Kay's Hurricane Andrew x Kumikko's Osa De La Nueve
May 10, 1998 - August 30, 2007
Kumikko's Tsunami
Mi-Kay's Hurricane Andrew x Kumikko's Osa De La Nueve
May 10, 1998 - August 7, 2008
Kumikko's Kabuki
Mi-Kay's Hurricane Andrew x Kumikko's Osa De La Nueve
May 10, 1998 - August 15, 2008
        A dog sits waiting in the cold autumn sun. Too faithful to leave, too frightened to run.

He's been here for days now with nothing to do, but sit by the road waiting for you.

He can't understand why you left him that day.  He thought you and he were stopping to play.

He's sure you'll come back, and that's why he stays. How long will he suffer? How many days?

His legs have grown weak, his throat's parched dry. He's sick now from hunger and falls, with a sigh.

He lays down his head and closes his eyes. I wish you could see how a waiting dog dies.
                                                                                              A Dog Sits Waiting - Kathy Flood

                                                          Born ? - December 27, 2008

Faith was the dog sitting in waiting in this story.  Only in her case it was the cold winter night in rain and wind with the low temperatures dipping into the high 20's. 
It was Christmas Eve 2008 and Mackie and I were on our way to the barn driving on a long strip of dark country road.  Up ahead in the headlights there was a white Pit Bull female in the middle of the road, in the rain, soaked and shivering.  She did not run off the road as we passed, she stayed and watched to see if we were "him",  we did not stop.  On our way back about 45 minutes later she was no where to be seen, there was a truck on the side of the road and I told myself it was the driver's dog and she was safe.
Christmas morning on the way to the barn, sure enough, there in the distance, there she was in the same spot, still waiting to be picked up by the owner she was so devoted to that had dumped her.
It had rained all night and was very cold and windy. I told Mackie to pull over, I couldn't pass her twice. She was very scared, she came up to me but as soon as she heard a car coming she went back to the middle of the road to look. Mackie got out at that time and she came up to him for some lovins, then a very nice couple pulled over to see if they could help. The woman squatted down and Faith came right up to her and gave her a big kiss on the face.
We decided to put her in the truck with us and take her home and feed her, bathe her and keep her warm.
As you can see in the picture she has had a chain inbedded in the back of her neck, her pads on her paws were raw, she has had a litter of pups, covered in fleas and had a couple small sores around her ears.
We decided to call her "Faith" and promised her that she would never be abandoned, cold or hungry again. Unfortunately, within a few days we discovered that her scars were more than skin deep.  She had horrible separation anxiety as was to be expected given what she'd been through.  She was also very dog and cat aggressive.  If left in a kennel she would stop at nothing to get out to find us.
I contacted the local Bully Rescue on Saturday and they were full but I was told Faith would  be put  on the list and I would be called should an opening occur.
Bully Rescue did have dogs waiting to be adopted that were both friendly with cats and other dogs so I knew placing her successfully would be difficult. We also noticed Faith becoming very agitated when she was at the ranch with us and saw us with the horses.  It was apparent that the better Faith felt, the more aggressive and dependent on us she became.  She was going after the cats, both outside and  in the house when she was crated and she was going after Nikki through the kennel fencing.
I knew deep down that she would be very difficult to rehome with anyone other than a person that could be with her 24/7 and the chances of that were highly unlikely. IF she were rehomed chances were good she would end up in the pound or back at Bully Rescue....IF Bully Rescue would have ever had room for a dog with these issues.
I had a decision to make.  One that I have made before and hope to never have to make again.  We had promised Faith that we would never abandon her and that she would never be alone again.  I could not risk the safety of our animals and I would never leave her at the pound, she had already suffered enough in her short life.  We guesstimated Faith to be approx. 3 years old.
I made the decision to release Faith from her demons and held her in my arms in the front seat of the truck where she was happiest as she was sent to The Bridge.
About 20 minutes after being sedated our Vet came to the truck to send Faith to The Bridge and as he reached for her arm she became very aggressive and went after him. As sad as it was, that act did confirm in my mind that I had made the right decision. She did go after him again one more time after that.
In the end she went peacefully in my lap and stayed there (as I cried and cried) all the way to the ranch where Mackie buried her with Tsunami and Kabuki.
The truck felt so empty on our way home.... I know she is at peace now, never to be abused or abandoned again.
God Speed Sweet Faith...Until we meet again at The Bridge...